Another Poke in the Eye
Over the past two years, the Chinese military has been increasing its presence in the South China Sea by building artificial islands in international waters near the Philippines. With these islands, the Chinese military can position aircraft and naval vessels to threaten international trade and U.S. Naval operations. On December 16, 2016, near the Philippines, a Chinese Navy ship stole a U.S. Navy drone which was collecting scientific underwater data. The Chinese Navy ship plucked the drone from the ocean as a U.S. Navy ship nearby just watched! The U.S. Navy condemned the theft and demanded the drone’s immediate return. According to a Fox News report, the Chinese government agreed to return the drone, but President-elect Donald Trump told them they could keep it! To quote a favorite movie line, “What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here!?” Are we just going to stand there and take another poke in the eye by some two-bit, commie country?
Sadly, this is only the latest in a string of eye-pokes our military has suffered under the Obama presidency. Consider the following examples:
· Somali pirates raided ships of all nations for profit and kidnapped U.S. citizens.
· Iran kidnapped ten U.S. Sailors in the Persian Gulf and used the incident to humiliate the U.S. Navy. The sailors and boats were released after the U.S. government apologized.
· Terrorists fired anti-ship missiles at a U.S. destroyer in the Red Sea near Yemen.
· Russian jet fighters made simulated attack runs on a U.S. destroyer in the Baltic Sea. The next day two Russian helicopters buzzed U.S. warships in the area.
· North Korea successfully test-fired a submarine-launched ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear payload.
Barack Hussein Obama has deliberately weakened our military. He has severely cut the military’s budget while appointing liberal politicians to key military positions. America’s enemies have been taking notes, hence the eye-pokes. Rogue nations seek out weakness, which the U.S. has often displayed under Obama’s leadership. Unfortunately, it looks like Trump will follow suit.
The world is safer and freedom more abundant when the United States is strong, both economically and militarily. Please pray for Donald Trump and his appointees. Also, pray for the brave men and women serving in America’s armed forces. May God bless you and the United States of America!