Missouri Sunshine Coalition sponsors body-camera panel discussion in honor of Sunshine Week
(ST. LOUIS, MO) March 8, 2016 -- As part of Sunshine Week 2016, the Missouri Sunshine Coalition is sponsoring a free panel discussion regarding how much access the public should have to footage from body cameras of law-enforcement officers.
The public event, to begin at 7 p.m. March 17, will be in the Carnegie Room of the Central Library (St. Louis Public Library), 1301 Olive St.
The panel, to be moderated by the Associated Press’ Jim Salter, includes:
- Sheldon Lineback, executive director, Missouri Police Chiefs Association
- Jeffrey Mittman, executive director, ACLU of Missouri
- Rep. Tommie Pierson, D-St. Louis
- David Streubel, attorney with Cunningham, Vogel & Rost, P.C., representing St. Louis area municipalities
- Each participant will offer opening comments before a Q&A session with the moderator and audience members.
For more information, please contact Jonathan Groves, president of the Missouri Sunshine Coalition, at (417) 873-7347 or email@example.com.
The Missouri Sunshine Coalition (missourisunshine.org) is a nonprofit volunteer group dedicated to educating the public about open government and the Missouri Sunshine Law.