A Black Robe Affair
The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) was established in Article III of the Constitution and is the final say in cases involving federal law. The nine Justices who serve on the court are appointed for life, or until they retire, resign, or are impeached (which has never happened). Their job is to interpret the constitutionality of the law and to define, defend, and uphold the Constitution. The Justices are to never allow their personal feelings or emotions interfere with their decision-making, nor are they supposed to cave to political pressure from Congress or the President. Sadly, the Supreme Court has been corrupted for quite some time. Consider the following examples:
· Slavery: In 1857, the Supreme Court ruled that African Americans, who had been forcibly removed from their home countries and brought to America, had no claim to freedom. Even if they were born in America, they were still considered to be property, not citizens.
· Internment Camps: In 1942, in a knee-jerk reaction following the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, President Franklin D. Roosevelt issued an executive order forcing over 120,000 Japanese men, women, and children living in America to leave their homes and to relocate to one of ten internment (prison) camps. The majority of these people were AMERICAN CITIZENS!
· Abortion: In 1973, the Supreme Court ruled in Roe v. Wade that all states must allow abortions, regardless of how each individual state may have voted on the issue! Where is the child’s right to live?
· Obamacare: In 2010, President Obama and Congress passed the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). In 2013, the Supreme Court ruled that Obamacare is lawful under the Constitution. For the first time in U.S. history, Americans were forced to either purchase health care or pay a fine!
· Gay Marriage: In 2015, the Supreme Court ruled that all 50 states MUST allow gay marriage and no one may opt-out of participating in a gay event based on their religious beliefs!
In each one of these cases, the Supreme Court exceeded its Constitutional authority by failing to be impartial and objective. They have been corrupted and can no longer be trusted to support and defend the Constitution! Please do your own homework, teach others, and then VOTE!. May God bless you and the United States of America!