Caldwell County Sheriff's Office announces formal charges against Harold Edwards Jr.
Caldwell County Sheriff’s Office
On November 4, 2022, The Caldwell County Sheriff’s Department announces the formal charges against Harold Edwards Jr., in connection to the death of Lorene Fickess and the Arson Fires on May 10, 2022. The Charges are as follows:
1. Murder 1st Degree (Class A Felony)
2. Burglary 1st Degree (Class B Felony)
3. Burglary 2nd Degree (2 counts) (Class D Felony)
4. Tampering With Physical Evidence in Felony Prosecution (Class E Felony)
5. Possession of Child Pornography- 1st Offense (7 counts) (Class D Felony)
6. Arson 2nd Degree (3 counts) (Class D Felony)
7. Abandonment of A Corpse (Class E Felony)
8. Armed Criminal Action (Felony Unclassified)
Mr. Edwards is being held at the Caldwell County Detention Center on No Bond.
As a reminder, the fact that a person has been charged, does not imply that he or she is guilty. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Sheriff Mitchell K. Allen