A Spending Problem
Our government has an insatiable appetite for spending. According to statistics at www.usdebtclock.org, our national debt is over $22 trillion! That’s over $181,000 per taxpayer! President Trump spent our money to bolster the U.S. military and secure our southern border. I believe most Americans agree with those spending decisions because those are fundamental roles of government. However, now he wants to implement a $2 trillion “infrastructure” spending plan. Barack Hussein Obama’s infrastructure plan failed because most of that money was siphoned off by greedy politicians and their friends. It was designed to work that way. Why should we expect anything different from President Trump’s plan?
Consider my plan to save taxpayer money:
· Get out of the postal business. Private companies such as UPS and FedEx are very capable of handling our postal needs. They already do!
· Privatize Amtrak. Why do all taxpayers need to pay for a railroad that only a handful of people use? Why not turn the train business over to one of the many railroad companies?
· Stop funding colleges and universities. Citizens pay taxes, some of which go to public colleges even if our kids don’t attend. If we choose to send our kids there we end up paying taxes AND tuition! To add insult to injury, non-tax payers like illegal aliens get free tuition at our expense! Colleges and universities should have to live within their means without tax dollars. Private donors and tuition should generate sufficient funding. If not, then the school is apparently unnecessarily bloated and wasting money!
· Stop funding sports teams. Let’s face it, if professional sports teams can afford to pay individual players millions of dollars per year, then those teams don’t need our money to pay for a stadium!
· Get out of the medical insurance business and abolish the requirement to have insurance!
I could go on but you get the point. Our government has a severe spending problem. By implementing these simple, common sense changes, taxpayers could save billions if not trillions of dollars each year! Sadly, this is unlikely to happen because politicians love spending our money. No government, entity, or person can spend money more wisely than those who had to sweat to earn it. Please do your own homework, learn the truth for yourself, and then teach others! May God bless you and the United States of America!