He Shouldn’t Have Signed It
On December 20, 2019, President Trump signed a 2,313-page omnibus spending bill into law while most Americans were focused on Christmas! The bill cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion and was rushed through to avoid a government shutdown. Here is some of what we know about this new law, according to an article at www.pjmedia.com :
· It extends the Export-Import bank for seven years. The “bank” is a government-run lending institution which gives loans to companies which export and import goods. This “bank” has no money of its own, so it uses ours! Why is this “bank” even necessary?
· It raises the legal age to buy tobacco to 21. So, if you’re an 18 year-old serving in the military, you can’t even have a smoke or a chew (or a drink) after a firefight with the enemy!
· It funds government research on gun control. Can we trust government studies?
· It continues the tax breaks for “renewable energy.” This continues to give tax money to “green energy” companies! Why can’t these companies operate on their own capital? Why do they need our money?
Here is some of what the new law doesn’t do:
· It fails to defund Planned Parenthood. Apparently, this wasn’t a big Republican priority after all.
· It fails to defund Obamacare. The lobbyists and insurance companies are well-compensated at our expense!
· It fails to end sanctuary cities. These cities should be cut-off from government assistance until they comply with federal immigration laws and their leaders should be charged criminally!
· It fails to fund the border wall. President Trump asked for $8.6 billion to fully fund the wall, but this law only gave him $1.4 billion.
In March of 2018, President Trump signed his first omnibus spending bill into law. That bill was 2,232 pages long and cost $1.3 trillion, and he said he would never do it again! So why did he do it? These issues should be debated and voted on one at a time, instead of being lumped together in an unrecognizable mess. But that is the strategy preferred by politicians to keep us in the dark about where our money goes! As Senator Ted Cruz said, “This is government of the lobbyists, by the lobbyists, and for the lobbyists.”
Go to www.usdebtclock.org to see the unsustainable damage for yourself. Please pray for our country and its leaders. May God bless you and the United States of America!